Contact Us

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Email us here: fuelcompetition@gmail.com

We would love to hear from you.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  June 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Just a note to let you know I sent two letters to my congresswoman. You may want to know that the congresswoman's official website blocked the words "select" and "alternative" so I kept getting error messages which deleted the text below those words. The message said those words were not allowed for congressional messages. I also added the request for her to contact Ryan Tracy.

Anonymous,  June 29, 2011 at 5:36 AM

I agree that that this country needs to do something and alternative fuels are the answer. A major concern is that even though an automotive engine can operate on fuel above e-10 , small engines (like your lawnmower) can not without being ruined.Small non road engines is a large industry. The industry is concerned about seeing e-10 disappearing and want labeling at gas stations. I am sure you would not want to purchase a new mower every year or two; or do expensive repairs.

A start to research this is the Outdoor Power Equipment website or OPEI Smartbrief site.

Dave R

Abe Shackleton June 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM

That's a good point, Dave. It is certainly something that would have to be addressed either by making pure gasoline available for mowers, or making mowers better equipped to handle ethanol, or by emptying fuel tanks when they're not going to be used for awhile, because apparently what causes the problem is water. Ethanol can absorb water, and if the fuel is left to sit for a long time in a mower tank, especially in a damp place, the ethanol will absorb water, and that's what usually causes the problem when there's a problem.

But one way or another, we can't have all those small outdoor engines being ruined by ethanol. There must be a way to have our national security and lawn mowers too.

Abe Shackleton June 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Right after answering you, Dave, I checked my email and got this little news item from the RFA:

The Environmental Protection Agency unveiled its final label rule for fuel dispensers that carry ethanol blends up to E15. "This label will help inform consumers about which vehicles can use E15. This label will also warn consumers against using E15 in vehicles older than model year 2001, motorcycles, watercraft, and gasoline-powered equipment such as lawnmowers and chainsaws," the EPA said.

infocat13 July 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Greetings to Ms Sherman and Mr Shackleton,
here is another idea that you might find worthy of supporting, my idea is this,require by law that all E10 fuel become by 2015 E10/M1 and that M1 must come primarily from carbon neutral sources. Methanol produced from syn gas that is produced from municipal waste would do the trick! after 2015 E10/M2 would be mandated and after that E10/M3 would be mandated.
Primarily means that a plasma gassifier that uses municipal waste to syn gas facility could have a mix of petroleum coke or coal mining tailing's in its reactor.
this would spur the market for carbon neutral sources of bio methanol in the united states. In fact I am tempted to petition the EPA for a ruling to this effect, I suspect this idea would require legislation if E15/M3 was to be a requirement but could it be a voluntary one before 2015 under the EPA request for rule making? That's my thought, EPA under existing law could allow E15/M3 as a voluntary product since the E15 under existing legislation the intent was for it to be agricultural and carbon neutral.
Under the proposed "open fuel standards act" if a vehicle was flex fueled for 100% American fossil derived methanol this would be fine with me as long as all E15 is required to have carbon neutral M3
steven rappolee

Anonymous,  November 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM

The problem we see with this, if we are reading it correctly, is ethanol will be used. It is already a proven fact that it does NOT produce better gas mileage.
And, though no-one supposedly would benefit, why build a car that gets less gas mileage by building it to run on ethanol?
Sorry if this is redundant!

Anonymous,  December 12, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I just can't get behind any legislation that puts more requirements on industry in a free market driven society. You need to work with the car manufacturers so they understand it is to their benefit to do this. It should not be mandated. The government needs to get out of the business of mandating how manufactures produce their products. I hate the new gas cans, light bulbs, etc.

Anonymous,  January 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

American Inventor Richard Ortiz from Orlando Florida comes forward with his Hybrid System(Hydraulic Powered Gasoline Engine System) that is for all used cars. I am not going to pay $5.00 a gallon of gasoline. please visit this great mans website and help him create American Jobs www.hpgsystem.com