Saturday, May 21, 2011
The first and most important thing you can do is to persuade your friends and family to urge their Members of Congress to co-sponsor the bill. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Subscribe to the updates on this site. Click here to subscribe.
2. Inform yourself. Click here for recommendations of books, articles, and online videos.
3. Once you've read them or watched them, loan your books to friends and family, and send them the articles and videos.
4. "Like" the Open Fuel Standard Facebook page and "share" our Facebook posts with your Facebook friends and family, and follow the Open Fuel Standard on Twitter.
5. Start your own Facebook campaign or email campaign to help educate the public and gain more allies for our cause.
6. Initiate conversations with your friends and family and educate them about the Open Fuel Standard. Bookmark and frequently use our Questions and Answers page to help you answer questions people have about the issue.
7. Call your representative and make your voice heard on this issue. Click here for an explanation of how phone calls work, and instructions on how to do it.
8. Use PopVox. You simultaneously send the message to your representative, and post it anonymously on PopVox. Click here to go to PopVox.
9. Make sure your next car is a flex fuel vehicle. We don't have to personally wait until the Open Fuel Standard passes. The more cars on the road that can burn alternative fuels, the sooner we'll see alternative fuel pumps. Click here to find new flex fuel car models.
10. Convert the car you already own to a flex fuel car. Click here to see how it's done. Click here to read about technical requirements for conversions. And when you can burn the fuel, use this fuel station finder to find alcohol pumps near you.
11. Make comments on online articles to help raise awareness of the Open Fuel Standard. Click here to find out how.
12. Start your own public education program on Yahoo Answers. Click here to find out how.
13. Help promote awareness of the Open Fuel Standard bill by creating business cards, bumper stickers and magnets. Click here to find out how.
14. Start your own guerrilla marketing campaign and bring in new supporters of this bill who haven't heard of it yet. Click here to find out how to get started. If you want to do even more, click here too.